Marks' Musings

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Samsung SGH-A767 Propel Codes

OK, the engineering code can be accessed by typing *#0523# from the main screen.

The Admin screen can be accessed by typing *#6984125*# from the main screen. Once there, you can access the Internals menu by typing *#9072641*#

Now I need to figure out how to get Java apps over to the phone via Bluetooth or USB cable. I refuse to pay AT&T for over-the-air use. Someone should get a class action lawsuit going against them for disabling these features !!

3 Comments:

  • Have you been able to figure out anything about the internals menu? There are a few interesting Java options there, such as an option to rebuild the app database and change java settings.

    Do you know what that does or if that might be used to make the phone run apps transferred via bluetooth?

    By Blogger Brandon Booth, at 9:35 AM  

  • Hey, to access the root filesystem, and ultimately place .jar files, type in *#0002*28346#, then press # repeatedly until you see a screen with 9 entries. Press [9](Common) then [6](USB). Select Qualcomm. Reboot the phone, and install Bitpim from http://www.bitpim.org/ . Download the qualcomm drivers at http://www.rexnet.it/firmware/utility/qualcomm_usb_driver.zip . Connect the Propel with the data cable. Use bitpim to access the filesystem ^_^

    By Blogger breakingspell, at 10:48 PM  

  • Hello! I'm writing from Argentina and my english may not be the best, but I'll try... I have the Samsung A767 and I want to know how can I put the original icons because my telephone company changed them. Thanks, Sebastian.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home